Here at SL Landscape we are chelmsford garden design services specialists and have a team for of advice and tips on how to convert your small gardens into a meaningful centre piece.
Gardens have a lot more potential than you realise.Whether dealing with a long narrow space behind a vintage home, a cramped backyard thats lacks privacy, or a shabby garden at the rear of a brownstone the possibilities are endless.
Garden design tips:
- include built-in seating in a corner to keep your garden from feeling crowded.
- Use a living wall to add lushness where ground space is limited.
- Step back and look at your yard with fresh eyes, then simplify and tidy.
- Even if your outdoor space seems overwhelming, pick just one thing that you most want to change.
- Think big. Ample pathways and gathering spaces are inviting, and large features are engaging in any size space.
- You can maximise the livability of a small yard by taking advantage of changes in terrain to segment the space into different living areas. Dividing a garden, even when small, often has the paradoxical effect of making it seem larger.
- In small gardens where space is too limited for major focal points, compose a series of mini views within the garden itself, offering interest in every direction while using plants to provide a framework.
- Divide the garden into outdoor rooms that echo and expand upon the home’s interior, giving both inside and out more purpose and making everything feel larger.
- If you plan to entertain groups, keep the furniture and plantings along the perimeter of the garden to allow for mingling in the centre of the space.
For further information on our services we have to offer here at SL Landscape don’t hesitate to give us a call on 07538 621616 or simply fill out our contact form with you details. A member of our team will be more than happy to answer any question and queries you may have.